
I'm a sucker for variegated yarns. Always have been--I just love the colors of them. Especially when I ran across Red Heart Boutique's Unforgettable Yarn in Dragonfly. I had to grab it immediately and then I started creating something. This one scarf I have been working on and off for almost two months, and after all that I just love the way it turned out. The colors look beautiful in this pattern and are so eye catching, the colors is what inspired the name of this, Daydreaming at Night. The colors look so whimsical, but have a deeper tone to them which made me think of night.
When I first started creating this, I was hoping to have something that was a bit longer than what it turned out to be, but I love how it turned out. When doubled up it is nice, cozy and very warm. It's a perfect addition to any outfit during the cold mornings and nights. Especially in the Dragonfly color, it will be a perfect add on to an outfit with a black top, skinny jeans and black boots. Perfect pop of color!
Yarn:
Red Heart Unforgettable in Dragonfly (I used 1.5 skeins)
Hook:
Row 1:
Chain 34. SC in 2nd chain from hook, and all the way across. Turn. (33 SCs)
Row 2:
Ch. 1 (doesn't count as stitch here and throughout). SC in next 2 stitches. **DC in next stitch. Chain 2. Skip next 2 stitches. DC in next stitch. SC in next stitch.** Repeat from ** to ** 5 more times. Ending with SC in last stitch. Turn.
Row 3:
Ch 1. SC in next 2 stitches. **Chain 1. Skip next stitch. 2DC in chain 2 space from previous row. Chain 1. Skip next stitch. SC in next SC.** Repeat from ** to ** 5 more times. Ending with SC in last stitch. Turn.
Row 4:
Ch. 1. SC in next 2 stitches. **DC in next chain 1 space from previous row. Chain 2. Skip next two stitches. DC in next chain 1 space. SC in next SC.** Repeat from ** to ** 5 more times. Ending with SC in last stitch. Turn.
Row 5: Ch. 1. SC in first two SCs. SC in next DC. 2SC in Ch. 2 space. **SC in next 3 stitches. 2SC in Ch. 2 space**. Repeat from ** to ** 5 more times. Ending with SC in last 3 stitches. Turn.
I repeated rows 2-5 until the length was about 47" and then slip stitched the two ends together. You can continue the pattern to make it as long as you wish if you want a loser fit when doubled up or even long enough to wrap it three times.
You could also fasten off while leaving a long tail and use a WIP stitch to sew the two ends together, I personally like using the slip stitch method.
Once you have sewn the two ends together, weave in the ends and you are done.
With multiple colorways available in the Unforgettable line, you could have multiples of this scarf for each outfit.
Want to find your own cool shirt like the one I have on, check out The Zoo Gallery!
Don't want to make your own, click here to have one made for you!
You could also fasten off while leaving a long tail and use a WIP stitch to sew the two ends together, I personally like using the slip stitch method.
Once you have sewn the two ends together, weave in the ends and you are done.
With multiple colorways available in the Unforgettable line, you could have multiples of this scarf for each outfit.
Want to find your own cool shirt like the one I have on, check out The Zoo Gallery!
Don't want to make your own, click here to have one made for you!




GORGEOUS!!! I love variegated yarns also and this is a perfect scarf to use them with. Bless you for sharing your talent! Hope to be making this one SOON! God bless!
ReplyDelete