Last week, Rebecca of Little Monkeys Crochet invited me to join in on the World Wide Artist Blog Hop! You can check out her post here.
I first met Rebecca when I offered to test one of her crochet patterns (review and link to patterns can be found here). We worked really well together, to the point where I began to ask Rebecca more and more questions about building my blog. She's been a great help and I'm thankful for her continued guidance, and hopefully, we will meet one day!
So, let's get started with the: The World Wide Artist Blog Hop
Artists around the world post answers to four questions on their blogs and link to a minimum of one, maximum of three artists who post their answers the following Monday. The next Blog Hop post will be September 29.
Here are the 4 questions for each participant:
Why do I do what I do?
How does my work differ from others of its genre?
How does my creative process work?
What am I working on now?
Some Previous Participants:
I have invited Amy of The Stitchin' Mommy for next week’s blog hop.
Why do I do what I do?
I feel like it's a tradition of some sorts. My mom started to teach me when I was in high school, but I couldn't get the hang of it right away. So, fast forward a few years and I was getting ready to get married and move away from home and mom tried teaching me again. At that time, I could not get enough yarn and hooks in my life. I wanted to keep going and going. But, why do I say it's a tradition of some sorts, because my great grandmother taught my mom and my mom taught me. I now feel like it's a part of me and my family. I love it, it brings me a sense of ownership to something--and I love being able to share it with other people!
Not only is it all of that to me, but it helped in a time where I didn't know what was next. Crochet helped me take my mind off the stress of not finding a job shortly after coming to the Tampa Bay area. I never thought some yarn and a hook would help me with something so big. It's amazing what a great craft and skill can help you with!
How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I don't think it differs from many others that much, not saying all of our stuff is alike, just saying that I follow the trends when it comes to what to put out and when to publish something. I'd probably say the biggest difference is the amount of time I've been crocheting. I still feel very baby in the craft, and being a part of the group mentioned above is helping me mature in my crochet and work towards always being better at it and striving for more consistency. I don't tend to stay with one color, I like to work with any colors and don't always stay with color trends either.
I don't think it differs from many others that much, not saying all of our stuff is alike, just saying that I follow the trends when it comes to what to put out and when to publish something. I'd probably say the biggest difference is the amount of time I've been crocheting. I still feel very baby in the craft, and being a part of the group mentioned above is helping me mature in my crochet and work towards always being better at it and striving for more consistency. I don't tend to stay with one color, I like to work with any colors and don't always stay with color trends either.
How does my creative process work?
I get inspiration from everywhere. From friends wanting something to fellow crocheters and their color combinations. One of the best things for me to do is walk through a yarn store, and I don't even have to buy something, I can just look. I love to feel and pick up many different yarns. Then I might get idea to do something new. I work a full-time job, so my mind is constantly going on many different things at once, so I can find inspiration in the most random things.
I love fashion, but don't necessarily stay on top of it all the time, so I can get a lot of inspiration from there as well. And, I love Instagram! Some of the best color combinations can come from a beautiful sunset picture on Instagram!
I love fashion, but don't necessarily stay on top of it all the time, so I can get a lot of inspiration from there as well. And, I love Instagram! Some of the best color combinations can come from a beautiful sunset picture on Instagram!
What am I working on now?
Well, I just finished my 'slightly slouchy beanie', so that's finally put to bed. Now, I am working on a new infinity scarf pattern using some beautiful Unforgettable Yarn by Red Heart. I'm also working on some orders, so I don't have many patterns in the works right now, unfortunately. I have a few ideas running through my head, but I just have to stay focused on getting some orders out and then I'll be back to patterns, patterns and more patterns!
I hope you enjoyed in getting to know me more! Head on over to Amy's blog to get to know her!!
Well, I just finished my 'slightly slouchy beanie', so that's finally put to bed. Now, I am working on a new infinity scarf pattern using some beautiful Unforgettable Yarn by Red Heart. I'm also working on some orders, so I don't have many patterns in the works right now, unfortunately. I have a few ideas running through my head, but I just have to stay focused on getting some orders out and then I'll be back to patterns, patterns and more patterns!
I hope you enjoyed in getting to know me more! Head on over to Amy's blog to get to know her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment