Wednesday, September 17, 2014

slightly slouchy beanie: FREE PATTERN

Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links which help me with publishing this blog. If you decided to make a purchase, I will then make a small profit, at no extra cost to you.  Any yarn mentioned was bought with my own money and Lion Brand did not sponsor this post--I just genuinely love their yarn!

I once made a slouchy beanie, and just never liked the way it turned out--ever since then I have been on the hunt, and after finding this Lion Brand Tweed yarn in Acadia Tweed, I had the plan that I wanted to make this slightly slouchy beanie.  I say slightly, because after making it and putting it on, I realized the 'slouch' wasn't as slouchy as compared to other beanies, but I liked it.  Again, I am in love with this yarn--it's soft, it's colorful while still be neutral and matches with everything.  I can't wait for it to cool enough so I can wear this--I know I will definitely be using it for my trip to New Orleans next month!


Materials:
Yarn (Lion Brand Tweed yarn in Acadia Tweed)
Size I hook-I used my Clover hook
Scissors
Yarn Needle

Stitches used:
Chain
Slip Stitch
Half-double crochet (HDC)
Double Crochet (DC)
Back-loop only (BLO)

Gauge:
4 DC = 1"

Note, you are working this beanie from the bottom to the top.  So, you will begin with the ribbing on the bottom.

Start:
Chain 9.

Row 1:
HDC in 2nd chain from the hook and all the way across. (8HDC)

Rows 2-48:
Chain 1 (doesn't count as stitch), HDC in BLO across (8HDC). Turn.

Slip stitch to the beginning row. Note, you may need to slip stitch twice in one stitch to make the row fit properly.  Once you have connected the two ends you will begin building the beanie.

Beginning of beanie:
Round 1:
Chain 1 (doesn't count as stitch, here and through out), HDC around 48 times (1 HDC in each row). Slip stitch to first HDC. (48 HDC).

Round 2:
Chain 1. Skip same stitch as join. DC in next stitch. DC in skipped stitch (1 cross stitch created). DC in next 2 stitches. **Skip next stitch, DC in next stitch. DC in skipped stitch. DC in next 2 stitches.** Repeat from ** to **. Join with SS to first DC.

Round 3:
Chain 1. DC in same stitch as join and next stitch. Skip next stitch, DC in next stitch. DC in skipped stitch. **DC in next two stitches. Skip next stitch, DC in next stitch. DC in skipped stitch.**. Repeat from ** to **. Join with SS to first DC.

Rounds 4-13:
Repeat rounds 2 & 3

Round 14:
Chain 1. HDC in same stitch as join. HDC in next stitch. HDC2TOG. **HDC in next two stitches. HDC2TOG.** repeat from ** to **. Join with slip stitch. 

Round 15-16:
Chain 1. HDC in same stitch as join. HDC2TOG. **HDC in next stitch. HDC2TOG.** repeat from ** to **. Join with slip stitch. 

Round 17-19:
Chain 1. HDC2TOG all the way around. Slip stitch to join. 

Fasten off. Weave in ends.

Hope you enjoy!!

Don't want to make it yourself, buy one for yourself instead here.

**Please do not distribute this pattern in way or fashion. You are welcome to sell items made from this pattern. If you would like to share it, please just link back to this post, thank you!**

No comments:

Post a Comment