Friday, June 27, 2014

pattern review: scallop beanie

Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links which help me with publishing this blog.
If you decided to make a purchase, I will then make a small profit, at no extra cost to you.

Yarn used: Caron Simply Soft in White and Soft Pink
Gauge: 3hdc=1"
I love the idea of putting crochet and girly touches together, but then again, who doesn't?  Once I started making beanies I wanted to try a scalloped edge beanie.  It makes the beanie just a tad bit more girly and I love the way it looks!  So, I went searching for a pattern, and found one from Swellamy Crochet off of her Etsy shop.  The pattern can be found here.  When one of my friends was expecting their first child, they approached me about doing some items for their precious little girl, and the mom showed me a picture of a scalloped beanie, and I knew that this pattern was perfect for it!

This pattern was very well written and had great sizing for the pattern as well. It also included a great pattern for a corsage, even though it isn't the flower pattern I used for the beanie pictured on the right, it is a great flower pattern, and honestly one that I just haven't able to master yet.

Don't let this beanie fool you, though.  Swellamy Crochet has many different patterns in her Etsy shop, any by many I mean 259 of them!  So, maybe you aren't looking for a beanie, but she has anything you can think of.  A very great variety of scarf patterns--I can't wait to get my hands on one of them!  Head on over to her shop and check her great patterns out!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh this is so cute :)
    Hi Charlotte Elizabeth,
    I nominated you for Liebster Award. Check out myLiebster Award post for more details. I hope you will accept it and have fun :)
    Roopini,
    Let's Make It Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roopini! I've got it on my list of items to post :) Thank you, also, for all your kind comments :) they are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete