Tuesday, June 17, 2014

pattern review: baby cocoon crochet bowl



Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links which help me with publishing this blog.
If you decided to make a purchase, I will then make a small profit, at no extra cost to you.

One of my favorite projects to make is any type of of photo prop!  I love that they are, most of the time, different items and a crocheters creativity can really be shown through the making of photo props.  This Crochet Baby Cocoon from illbeyarned does not disappoint.

This pattern is easy to understand and with using Lion Brand Homespun Yarn, it works up quickly with a great stretch.  At first I was beginning to think my gauge was off, as it looked small, but the more rounds you work of the pattern, you start to notice that it is growing and has that stretch you look for in a cocoon pattern so it looks snug on the baby in the final picture.  I love that this pattern suggests you use Lion Brand Homespun Yarn--before this pattern I had never used it before--and the color choices are just top notch and the quality of the yarn is fantastic.


This pattern uses basic stitches; slip stitches, chains, single crochets and double crochets. It works in the round, with joining at the end of reach round with a slip stitch.

Because of the simplicity of the pattern it lets the texture and prettiness of the Homespun Yarn show.  These pictures shown here are using the color Deco that adds a feminine touch to it as well.
Yarn used:
Lion Brand Homespun in Deco

Hook used:
Susan Bates in size K

Gauge:
4 DC = 2"; 2 rows = 1.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment