Friday, February 7, 2014

pattern review: Mermaid Photography Prop Set

Crochet Mermaid Cocoon and
Bikini Set w/ Headband


Photography by:
Luna Bella Photography
Today is all about a pattern review!  I partner with Luna Bella Photography regularly with making her photo props from her newborn photography sessions.  We had talked for awhile about doing a mermaid set for a newborn and last fall we finally did!  This was the end result, isn't it just darling?

I purchased the crochet pattern off of Etsy (where I find most of my patterns) from LonghornPrairie's shop.  Not only was LonghornPrairie great to work with, the pattern was also very easy to understand and she even includes a video with the pattern to help out with starting a chain less foundation row.  She also has a video for the fin part of the tail as it also includes a chain less foundation row.



Photography by:
Luna Bella Photography
In the original pattern, the headband only calls for one flower to be added, however, to add a bit of a tiara/crown look to it, I decided to make the headband have three flowers instead and added the pearl buttons to give it an even more girly look!

The bikini top is a piece of cake and, again, very easy to understand.


Yarn used:
Caron Simply Soft in Soft Pink (bikini top and flowers)
Caron Simply Soft in Baby Brights (mermaid tail and headband) 

Hook used:
Susan Bates Bamboo Handle in size H

Gauge:
8 DC = 2"

You can purchase this pattern by LonghornPrairie here.

No comments:

Post a Comment