Tuesday, September 9, 2014

let's get to know me

Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links which help me with publishing this blog. If you decided to make a purchase, I will then make a small profit, at no extra cost to you.

For awhile I have been wanting to do a bit of a get to know me post, so here's what I've come up with! Enjoy!

My husband and I on our wedding day in 2011 :)
I am a Florida born and raised girl, now living in the Tampa Bay area with my husband, our daughter, Avery, and our cat, Casper.  Justin, my husband, and I have been married almost 4 years and this blog or my crocheting couldn't be possible without him as he supports me 100% in something I love to do!  Crochet is truly a hobby of mine that has turned into a small business.  I work for my husband and I's church Sunday through Thursday and I try to make as much time as possible to pick up my crochet hook and yarn!


My mom taught me how to crochet shortly before I moved to the Tampa Bay area and I picked it back up because I needed something to help me chill when I was looking for a job and wasn't having much luck.  But, even after I found a job, crochet stayed and has just grown into, I'd have to say a lifestyle, more so than I could ever imagine.

Me sporting the Burst of Color Crochet Cowl
I first started to make my own items from patterns that I would find, most of the time it was for gifts or photography props for my photographer friend (Luna Bella Photography).  My husband then had the idea of opening my own Etsy shop to sell some of the items that I had been making.  I thought it was an okay idea and started doing so, but it was slow.  I didn't get my first sell for almost 6 months!  I still picked up my hooks and would just continue to try and add stuff to the shop.

Fast forward a few years, the shop has picked up a bit and I was encouraged by a few of my friends to start writing my own patterns and that's when this blog really took off.  I first had used this site to do pattern reviews for fellow writers and try and get them some business (the crochet community is all about helping each other out).  But, I've slowly turned it into more than pattern reviews.  I have now written 4 patterns and working on many more.

I just hope I can attribute as much to crochet as so many of the other bloggers and writers I know and are getting know have contributed!

No comments:

Post a Comment